The Client Experience
We advise, design, guide and facilitate the philanthropic and wealth succession planning process for families and leaders as they pursue making impact. The work is carefully tailored to meet the specific needs of each client. We make it a priority to partner with clients and other professionals who align with our practice and values. We strive to foster excellence in the practices of collaboration and communication in all of our relationships. Our primary goal is to have you experience success and fulfillment via this process.
Who are our clients?
What do we do and How do we do it?
When families begin to consider, incorporate and engage the succeeding generations in their businesses and/or philanthropic process there is an increasing need for several key things; clarity, communication and effective collaboration across the family. This is a wonderful opportunity for families to work together toward strengthening cohesion and to associate giving and family to each other in a very positive way.
Inevitably, families will face challenges when working together. These types of challenges and particular dynamics often come forth when multiple generations convene at the same table and begin making decisions together. We are committed to optimizing the potential of these gatherings and this particular kind of family decision-making process. Our focus is on designing and leading meaningful experiences, mitigating challenges and generating tangible success.
Our work is highly collaborative. Together we look through a shared lens to focus on the dynamics of the client system. We spend time identifying and defining the meaning and metrics of success, addressing obstacles and challenges that are in the way and reaching for new levels of fulfillment and engagement in the family and/or organization. Regardless of whether we are working with an individual, couple, family or leader we tend to view the coaching and consulting process through a systems perspective. Systems thinking is based on the belief that the component parts of a system can best be understood in the context of relationships with each other and with other systems, rather than in isolation. It examines the linkages and interactions between the elements that compose the entirety of the system.
We find this approach to be very effective in positioning clients to achieve their goals.
The Coaching/Consulting process is customized for each client and incorporates the following:
- Initial Consultation
- Depth Interviews/Assessment
- goal setting
- guided inquiry
- establishing and increasing effective communication
strategic and tactical planning
- development of goals, metrics and action plans
- review and development of practice, process and education to support effectiveness including behavioral and attitudinal shifts
- evaluation of progress and process
- Retreat/Meeting curriculum design
- Retreat/Meeting Facilitation
- Session/Meeting/Retreat Summaries (voice recording and/or written notes)
- Collaboration with partners, advisors
What do we specialize in?
- Multi-generational Family Dynamics
- Philanthropic Process
- Wealth Succession Planning
- Engaging & Integrating the Next Generation
- Examining and expanding leadership capacity
- Exploring and cultivating one’s approach to giving and leadership
- Exploring and identifying your values around giving that are essential to informing and guiding your giving plan/strategy
- Creating a strategic and tactical plan for your giving
- Exploring wealth and giving and identifying clear values around both
- Exploring challenges and resolving conflicts/obstacles related to wealth and giving
- Navigating Pre and Post nuptial agreements
- Parenting around Wealth & Giving
- Transferring values across generations
- Understanding each parent’s individual values + successfully creating and aligning around shared values
- Developing consistent family giving practices; learning, cultivating and practicing family philanthropy
- Talking to children with comfort and clarity about money, wealth and giving